We are excited to bring you the latest newsletter and updates from the music world Today! This newsletter has several topics that are Reachable goals for you to EAT OFF YOUR ART!
Make Money as a musician Today! Here are a couple of remarkable ways. Go to any Local Music Studio and offer your Talent for an hourly fee. Most studios have a set fee for different talents and levels of Talent.
Just ask to be confident in your worth!
Do you know what the term Hired Guns means?
- Session musicians are often called “hired guns” or “studio musicians.”
Play Effectively with National and Local Acts
As a session musician, you have the opportunity to play with a variety of acts, both national and local. Here are some tips to help you play effectively with any group:
- Be prepared. Ensure you know the material inside and out before you attend a gig. Doing this makes you perform at your best and ensures the show runs smoothly.
- Be punctual. Always arrive early or on time for rehearsals and performances. Being punctual shows that you are reliable and professional.
- Be versatile. Be able to play a variety of styles and genres of music. Learn to play outside your usual comfort zone; adaptability is essential as a session player before getting known. But you will get known for your passion the more you make a name for yourself.
- Be professional. Treat everyone in the show with respect, including band members, crew, and venue staff. Maintain a positive attitude and always strive to do your best.
- Communicate effectively. Ensure you communicate clearly with the band leader, other musicians, and crew members. This will help ensure everyone is on the same page and the performance runs smoothly.
- Dress appropriately. Dress in a professional manner that is appropriate for the gig. This may mean wearing a suit or dress for a formal event or dressing casually for a more laid-back setting.
- Be flexible. Be willing to go with the flow and adapt to changes, as things are known to do this occasionally. This may mean adjusting your playing style or changing the set list at the last minute.
- Network. Use every opportunity to network and make connections in the industry. Building relationships with other musicians, producers, and venue owners can lead to future opportunities.
By following these tips, you can EAT OFF YOUR ART, & establish yourself as a valuable contributor to any musical project, whether with a local or national act.
SINGERS – SHARPEN UP YOUR TOOL BY FOLLOWING THESE STEPS. THEN CONTACT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC STUDIO AND EAT OFF YOUR ART! Make Money Today.
Key Elements to Look for When Hiring a Vocal Coach
When hiring a vocal coach, there are several vital elements to look for:
- Education and experience: Look for a coach with formal music and vocal training and significant experience working with singers. A coach with a proven record of success can help you achieve your goals more effectively.
- Teaching style: Every vocal coach has a unique teaching style, so finding one that matches your learning style is essential. Some coaches may be more hands-on and active during lessons, while others may take a more passive approach.
- Communication skills: An excellent vocal coach should be able to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and effectively and provide constructive, helpful, and supportive feedback.
- Range of expertise: Look for a coach who has experience working with various vocal styles and genres and can help you develop the specific aspects of your voice that you want to improve.
- Professionalism and trustworthiness: Choose a professional, reliable, and trustworthy coach. You want to work with someone who takes their work seriously and is committed to helping you achieve your goals.
- Personality and rapport: Finally, finding a vocal coach that you feel comfortable working with and enjoy spending time with is crucial. This can make a big difference in your motivation and enjoyment of learning.
By considering these essential elements, you can find a vocal coach who matches your needs and goals well and can help you unlock your full potential as a singer.
- Hip-hop and electronic dance music (EDM) are two of the most popular genres of music in the world.
- Both genres have a wide range of sub-genres, each with its unique sound and style.
- There are over 30 sub-genres of hip hop, including abstract hip hop, afro-beat, alternative hip hop, boom bap, crunk, drill, East Coast hip hop, gangsta rap, G-funk, hardcore hip hop, hip hop soul, horrorcore, hyphy, indie hip hop, jazz rap, Latin hip hop, mumble rap, neo-soul, new jack swing, old school hip hop, political hip hop, pop rap, progressive hip hop, R&B hip hop, ragga hip hop, Southern hip hop, trap, and West Coast hip hop.
- EDM also has a wide range of sub-genres, including acid house, ambient house, big beat, breakbeat, chillwave, deep house, dubstep, electro house, electronic dance music, future bass, future house, garage house, hardstyle, hardcore techno, house music, minimal techno, progressive house, psytrance, techno, trance, and trap music.
Words of Wisdom
- Do Not Ever Give Up – What the Universe has planned for you!
- “Pressure is a Privilege – Better Never Rests” – Kirby Smart, UGA